The Arcady Group helps organizations and businesses address global health issues, enhance patient and disease management, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of health systems. Our single, unchanging focus is on understanding and addressing the issue of medication non-adherence across disease states, patient demographics, geographies, and dosing formats.
The name of The Arcady Group comes from the ancient name for the North Star—The Star of Arcady. For our clients, our goal is to act as their “North Star” – serving as a reliable partner in navigating the complexities of patient medication adherence. We help inculcate an awareness of adherence into our clients’ strategies and activities. We help them understand the causative factors associated with poor adherence and the cost (in mortality, in morbidity, and in lost revenue and profit) of poor adherence. We identify available, proven-effective, and scalable interventions to address poor adherence. Finally, we help them to act – to take the small or large steps required to begin addressing poor adherence at global scale.
We believe that, working together, we can begin to enhance medication adherence, support differentiated care, and make a positive difference in patients’ lives.
Our Vision, Mission, and Core Principles
Our Core Principles:
Our focus is clear and limited; and prioritizes activities and engagements that both directly and indirectly make a difference in patients’ lives.
- We take on the tough challenges – the tough disease states in the most resource limited settings.
- We are insights driven – accessing and understanding the insights and perspectives of patients, clinicians and others to help us better identify causation factors and respond with the most appropriate and scalable interventions.
- We are networkers and facilitators – helping to bring together the people, organizations and businesses that collectively can address medication non-adherence at global scale.
- We are experts – who consider it a privilege to do the work we do and to work with the people with whom we work.
- We are humble and respectful of the patients we serve and mindful of the expertise of others.
- We are enthusiasts and optimists.
- We demand humility and ethical behavior of ourselves.